Globally, civil society organizations are playing an increasingly important role in the guts and efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals on poverty reduction (MDGs). The organizations have been working alongside with governments in activities pertaining to the goals on poverty reduction, empowerment of women, increased transparency, and notably to encouraging people’s participation in decision-making and policy implementation.
Under the support from the UNDP, SNV and CIVICUS and the cooperation with local and international research institutes and experts, in 2005, the Viet Nam Institute of Development Studies (VIDS) carried out the project titled “Civil Society Index - Shortened Assessment Tool in
The main analysis presented in this report reflects the perceptions and standpoints of the National Assessment Group composed of representatives from such different organizations as academic, social, non-governmental ones and so forth in
It is the VIDS’s expectation that the analysis and findings of the report will have a part in the solution recommendations in order to improve action-planning process for the implementation of national-level strategies and programmes on sustainable development with the participation of people. The wish also extends to that the report will serve as a valuable source of information for all civil society researchers in the country in the coming time.
- Deepening Democracy and Increasing Popular Participation in Viet Nam
- Globalisation, Gender and Work in the Context of Economic Transition: The Case of Viet Nam
- Preparing for the Future: Forward-looking Strategies to Promote Gender Equality in Viet Nam
- Services Sector Development: A Key to Viet Nam's Sustainable Growth
- The MDGs and Viet Nam's Socio-Economic Development Plan 2006-2010
- Tax Decentralisation in a Unitary System: Ho Chi Minh City Revenues 2001-2004
- Impact of HIV/AIDS on household vulnerability and poverty in Viet Nam
- Proceedings from the international Policy on Transition Economies
- Beyond HEPR: A framework for an Integrated National System of Social Security in Viet Nam
- History or policy: Why don't northern provinces grow faster?