This discussion paper assesses these and other new trends through a discussion of the role of citizens in local government and the relationship between citizens and the state in twenty-first century Viet Nam. The main objective of the paper is to assess both the level of participation of citizens in local government and the responsiveness of government to efforts to increase participation.
The paper concludes that expanding the space for participation in
- Preparing for the Future: Forward-looking Strategies to Promote Gender Equality in Viet Nam
- Services Sector Development: A Key to Viet Nam's Sustainable Growth
- The MDGs and Viet Nam's Socio-Economic Development Plan 2006-2010
- Tax Decentralisation in a Unitary System: Ho Chi Minh City Revenues 2001-2004
- Impact of HIV/AIDS on household vulnerability and poverty in Viet Nam
- Proceedings from the international Policy on Transition Economies
- Beyond HEPR: A framework for an Integrated National System of Social Security in Viet Nam
- History or policy: Why don't northern provinces grow faster?
- Reduction of HIV/AIDS Related Employment Discrimination in Viet Nam
- Compendium of Environmental Projects in Viet Nam 2003